When asked for the top destinations in Africa to see amazing wildlife, Botswana is usually near, or at the top of, any list.
With over 40% of the country reserved for conservation and with dramatic meetings of desert and water, it is a haven for wildlife. Home to almost 70% of the continent’s remaining elephants, it is also a home for iconic animals like lion, leopard, giraffe, hippopotamus, hyena and more. In fact, it’s easier to point out what animals don’t live in Botswana’s reserves and national parks, of which there are very few.
This trip explores a few of Botswana’s most diverse and most incredible landscapes, from the arid south to the flooded north. As you travel you will witness how the water rejuvenates and provides life to all areas, and gives the wildlife opportunities to live, breed and survive all environments. It carves channels through sand, brings green to salt pans and provides dramatic migratory routes for all sorts of species.
And then, finish off your trip with one of the most dramatic waterfalls in the world: ‘Mosi oa Tunya’, the famed Victoria Falls.
This afternoon enjoy your first safari activity. The adventure has begun. (D)
Please note that the Nxai Pan excursion is weather dependent. (BLD)
Of course, armchair safaris are also an option as you gaze upon the animals coming to drink at the Boteti river below. (BLD)
This stay is in contrast to the previous stop, and sees you take in the watery wonders of this region. (BLD)
Camp activities in the Okavango Delta include two scheduled safari activities - from morning and afternoon game drives to boat excursions and bird watching.
Moremi Game Reserve, situated in the central and eastern areas of the Okavango Delta, boasts one of the richest and most diverse ecosystems on the African continent. Moremi covers nearly a third of the Okavango, the largest inland delta in the world and exceptionally picturesque, its landscapes unforgettable and filled with abundant life. Verdant floodplains, (seasonal or perennially wet), waterways and lagoons cut through lush vegetation. Palm trees reach up from islands, parting the mists of early mornings. Open plains team with game and riverine and mopane forests cast cool shade over the heated earth. (BLD)
Savuti is sandwiched between the Chobe National Park and the Okavango Delta and is one of the area’s best known big game areas. Thousands of animals call this region home, and the meaning of the word Savuti (”mystery”) is apt, as you never know what you might see. (BLD)
On arrival you will be met and transferred by private vehicle to your hotel in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
The rest of the afternoon is at your leisure. (B)
Then you have an afternoon at leisure or to enjoy any number of activities on offer.
This evening, enjoy a stunning sunset cruise on the mighty Zambezi river. (B)
This evening you will also enjoy a locally hosted dinner with a local family, a great chance to learn about the local cultures and cuisines. (B)
Starting from AUD$13,655 per person (based on 2 adults sharing)
What is Included?
- 12 nights accommodation
- 12 Breakfasts, 12 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- Local brand drinks
- Safari activities include morning and afternoon game drives, a cultural excursion and a Boteti River boat cruise (water level dependent) and a complimentary Nxai Pan Day Trip. A complimentary Makgadikgadi Pans Sleep Out is available between 15 July to 31 Oct (weather dependent and subject to availability. Fishing excursions, boating safaris and guided island walks and a complimentary Tsodilo Hills Cultural Tour, guided nature walks (seasonal and subject to availability of a walking guide), boating (seasonal), catch & release fishing (seasonal), birding, Star Bed experience
- Light aircraft flights included between Maun / Leroo La Tau / Nxamaseri Island / Camp Xakanaxa / Savuti / Kasane and taxes
- All transfers between airport, hotels and game lodges
- Private transfer from Kasane, Botswana to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- National Park fees in Botswana
- 3 nights accommodation
- 3 Breakfasts
- Airport transfer
- Twice daily shuttle (morning and afternoon) into Victoria Falls town from hotel
- Private tour of Victoria Falls, including Rainforest Entry Fee and transfers from/to hotel
- Scheduled sunset cruise in Victoria Falls, includes finger snacks, local drinks, river usage fee and transfers from/to hotel
- Scheduled Home Hosted Dinner experience
- International flights and airport taxes
- Any meals not included in the above itinerary
- All beverages, unless specified
- Any entrance fees and excursions not included in the above itinerary
- Laundry, unless specified
- Comprehensive travel insurance (required)
- Items of personal nature (telephone expenses, curios, medicines etc)
- Tips and gratuities
- Visa fees